Friday, February 6, 2015

Review: Petunia Skin Care Line


What is it?


I had the chance to review Petunia's skin care line, a derma roller, eye serum, and hyaluronic acid face serum.
The derma roller is used for your face and body, it helps improve wrinkles and fine lines, reduce blackheads, improve acne scars, reduce enlarged pores, reduce cellulite, and lighten stretch marks. The derma roller does this by stimulating collagen production in the area and stimulate skin cell growth. The derma roller also helps prepare your skin to better absorb any serums or creams you will be applying to your skin.
The eye serum works to improve dark circles, reduce bags and puffiness, and get rid of tired looking or swollen eyes. The anti-aging and firming treatment helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, or crows feet.
The hyaluronic face serum is a moisturizing anti-wrinkles cream to help repair and prevent wrinkles and fine lines, and moisturize dry skin.

How is it used?


The derma roller is used first. You simply start with a clean face(or whatever area you are using it on) and glide the roller over the whole area in every direction. It takes me a good 2 mins to do my whole face. 
Next is the eye serum, you simply apply 1-2 pumps on your finger tips and rub all over your eyes. 
You skin may feel a bit sensitive after using the derma roller, so it's best to use a face serum and/or cream once you are done. You apply 1-2 pumps of the hyaluronic serum on your fingers and rub onto your whole face.

First Impressions


First off, the derma roller, commonly known in the beauty community as a demon stick, SCARED me! Just looking at it, it's a roller with tiny needles that you need to rub on your skin. When I was given the chance to review this, I sucked it up for reviewing purposes and gave it a go. It is a very weird sensation when you first use it, my skin felt tingly and it felt like a light tickle. Though once I was done, my skin did burn a bit, but that was only after the first use or 2. I have been using the roller 2 times a week and I honestly don't even think about it now. I have been using it for about a month now, and my skin feels smoother and I can see a very small improvement in my pores. I think with prolonged use, I may see even more improvement. After use I apply my favorite vitamin C serum, then some moisturizer to soothe my skin.
The eye serum is very thick and easy to apply, which is what you want when you are applying it to your eye area. There is no strong smell or residue left behind. The formula absorbs quick and feels great. While I do not have any fine lines or wrinkles around my eye area, I do not use this often. 
I am not a huge fan of the hyaluronic serum. There is a slight perfume type smell that I do not like. I used the serum a few times and just couldn't use it anymore because the smell was too much for me. I honestly can't say much about the serum at this point because I did not use it long enough to see any improvement.

Where Can I Purchase?


The petunia skin care line can be purchased individually through this link. You have the chance to buy each item separate, so no worries about having to buy the whole line and not like a product.

I received these products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment